Thursday 11 July 2013

ATP Tour

Wimbledon has just finished and the latest ATP rankings were released on Monday. I'm a big fan of interactive bumps charts and so thought I'd take a look at how the ATP Tour top 100 ranks and points have changed over the years.  Here's a snapshot of the final result (still not convinced by the colours) and clicking on it will take you to the full interactive:


I scraped the data from the ATP Tour website with a python script and created an excel sheet formatted like this:


I didn't use the 'Week Change' or 'Tourn Played' columns in the end, but I did use the player names on their own to create bespoke filters for the chart.  Clicking on a player in either of the names lists will highlight their history in the rank and points charts.  Here's Andy Murray's rise to the top:


Clicking on a line in either of the charts will also highlight the selected player.

Go and explore.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment